NES instrument samples?

DoctorFedora

NES instrument samples?

Post by DoctorFedora »

I can't believe just how generous this community has been with instrument requests. It's nuts. It's like… "Hey! I wondered if there was some sort of [obscure instrument] samples out there" "oh hey I have a virtually complete set ready for you to use" and then there are HIGH FIVES

So yeah. Here's my try at taking advantage of the awesome people here. : )

I'm wondering if anyone's done any work on NES chiptune instrument samples, since that would be pretty awesome. Or, failing that, if someone could point me in the right direction to make my own.

Much appreciated on all fronts!

screamer

Hi, i readed your post, found

Post by screamer »

Hi,
i readed your post, found some samples online and tried, it sound similar,probably witout reverb is better, giveit a try, hope it helps ;)

the samples are from here: http://www.freesound.org/tagsViewSingle.php?id=1055

if you have better samples i'll try to do a better instrument ;)Image

DoctorFedora

Interesting! Where did you

Post by DoctorFedora »

Interesting! Where did you find the samples? I can't seem to track them down myself. ^^

Alternatively, I suppose I could probably use FamiTracker to generate the C pitches that it looks like ThumbJam uses for its instrument samples and just work them all into a set or several… : )

screamer

i found the samples in the

Post by screamer »

i found the samples in the link sended before. the sounds i used is: from 01_ProgressiveSID_C1.wav to 06_ProgressiveSID_C6.wav

yes, you can use any program you want for the samples, and you can export not only the c but how many samples you want. and, more sample you use, better the instrument sounds, especially for natural instruments recorded :)

Jesse

That instrument posted above

Post by Jesse »

That instrument posted above has some metadata corruption that actually caused crashes in the app. I've taken the samples, properly looped them and made a new instrument from them.