how to re-import into default section

spinvis

how to re-import into default section

Post by spinvis »

Hi, thank you for TJ ! Its the best !

My Roland Gaia Synth does only seem to send out MSB 00 program change, therefore I cannot get into the User section. Am I wrong ?
I found an older solution for this on the forum :
There is one way you can possibly work around the issue. If you export your created instruments, and then re-import them, they will show up in the Default section. You will need to name them so that they show up first alphabetically, perhaps by prepending with several 'A' letters. Use the WiFi Transfer feature to do the download and upload of your user instruments.
I think I tried every way of export and re-import, but every sound ends up in the User-section, not in the Default-section. Is there a way ?

thanks and cheers !

Jesse

Re: how to re-import into default section

Post by Jesse »

Right, if the presets are based on factory (or downloaded) instruments then this trick won't work. It requires exporting the instrument itself from Prefs->Import/Export->Export Instruments, and factory or downloaded ones don't show up there. So, if you had created the instrument on the device (in the recorded instruments list) then this trick would work.

Otherwise it will take some advanced mojo to craft new instrument packs from existing content and include your custom presets within it.

What exact model Gaia do you have? You'll want to look in the manual for a reference to Bank Select, as that is what you need to enable (and set up somehow on there).

spinvis

Post by spinvis »

Hi Jesse, thank you for your swift reaction !

But wait, the instrument/samples I would like to appear in the default-bank ARE selfmade and not based on factory-instruments.
And in (Prefs->Import/Export->) Export Instruments they DO appear. (under "recorded" )

Then there are two choices : send to iTunes or Email.
I did both, but then what to do ? Importing from AudioShare/Audiopaste/Shareddocs gets them in the Userbank, not in the Defaultbank.

Allas, I think this al is due to the Roland Gaia SH-01, changing the MSB00 to another value ( MSB 02?) is nowhere mentioned, not in
the manual and not on the Gaia-user forum. Its a nice synth, but its midi-output is just very limited I'm afraid.

thanks again man, your product is brilliant

spiv

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

OK, in that case you want to use the WiFi Transfer feature (Prefs->WiFi Transfer, enable) and upload that ZIP file (that you emailed to yourself from the export instrument step) from the top-left area of the wifi transfer web page (User Instruments (Sample Sets)). Or you could just open the ZIP file attachment on your device itself and ThumbJam should show up as an Open In.. choice. The fact that you already have the instrument named that on your device could be the issue. Perhaps try renaming the one on your device before you re-import it the original?

spinvis

Post by spinvis »

Thank you Jesse !

I am gonna try that...

report later..

spiv