Akai EWI USB midi controller and Thumbjam

agfrag

Akai EWI USB midi controller and Thumbjam

Post by agfrag »

Having some problems getting my EWI (Midi wind controller) to work with ThumbJam. I've set the Use CoreMidi switch to on, the Omni mode to on, and I'm using the Camera Connection Kit with a powered USB hub to connect the EWI to my iPad gen 1. The EWI works with Sunrizer, Nano Studio, and Sampletank no problem, but not with ThumbJam.

Any suggestions?

Jesse

You need to look down at the

Post by Jesse »

You need to look down at the Midi Input Connections and turn on the relevant item that should show up there.

I really should have (and will) make the input connections come up defaulting to On, since this is the #1 question regarding midi connectivity in TJ.

agfrag

Nothing shows up under the

Post by agfrag »

Nothing shows up under the Midi Input Connections section.

Jesse

So the EWI connects directly

Post by Jesse »

So the EWI connects directly using USB?

Just to be sure, kill TJ first (with taskbar) then start it up again with the USB device plugged in already. In all cases I've seen the device will show up in the midi in and out connections section.

Jesse

Foster, what specific midi

Post by Jesse »

Foster, what specific midi devices do you use, and what iOS device?

Jesse

Does the EWI only show up as

Post by Jesse »

Does the EWI only show up as a Midi source, without a corresponding destination (with other tools that see it)? This would make sense if it is purely a controller only producing MIDI, but I wonder if that is somehow preventing it from showing up in TJ. I assume the PCR-800 is both a source and destination?

agfrag

Jesse, I am using identical

Post by agfrag »

Jesse, I am using identical setup to Foster, and I also only see Network Session in both MIDI in and out connections. I followed your advice and no luck with closing out TJ and starting again with EWI hooked up.

bflat

FYI...Successfully connected

Post by bflat »

FYI...Successfully connected the Akai EWI4000s to Thumbjam using a first generation Line6 Midi Mobilizer. The Mobilizer's two standard 5-pin din midi connectors to the EWI4000s' midi input/output made it possible. Still cannot get the EWI USB to work...sorry.