Known Issues with v2.1

Jesse

Known Issues with v2.1

Post by Jesse »

Yes, 2.1 is out, and unfortunately it has some teething issues. Here are the known ones reported so far:

Looping can get into a frozen state, where even quitting the app and coming back won't restore it. Two things are known to cause it, loading a loop (from Loop->Load) then leaving the app or saving the loopset, or by mixing down some loops from Loop->Mixer.

To recover from this issue, use the following steps:

Once you are in the bad state, go to Loop->Load, select the Loop Sets page, then hit the Edit button in the upper right corner and delete the one called Default, or if you had saved one, delete that one too.
hit the home button, then double-tap the home button to bring up the taskbar and kill TJ (press and hold icon in taskbar, then hit red remove indicator)
start up TJ again, hit record, play something, finish record. It will likely look like nothing happened. THEN press record again, and finish record, something will have looped and appear.
Now go to Loop->Clear Loops and it will get you back to a workable state

Problems with recording initial loops when in the background. (Assumes Active in Background enabled in MIDI Control prefs). After you hit record in TJ, then switch to a MIDI control app, and begin playing.... then return to TJ to finish the loop, you will find it in a strange state. Various loop option settings may change the behavior, but generally none of it is always right.

Crashing issue with the Pitch Bar, when two-finger pitchbar option is enabled

All of these issues have been fixed here, and I've submitted v 2.1.1 to Apple. Look for it to be approved around June 1st.

J.C

Thanks! Awesome update!

Post by J.C »

Thanks!

Awesome update!

J.C

;-)

Post by J.C »

;-)

J.C

After playing a while TJ

Post by J.C »

After playing a while TJ bugged and didn't respond when I pushed play or record or whatever. Only the loaded instruments responded when I played. I tried to quit TJ and to reopen it.
Still no way to play the loopset.
I rebooted the iPhone: no chance.

Now I guess I'll have to backup all my TJ contents and reinstall the App... :-(

By the way, the offset loop issue is still here but it seems that it's not happening all the time. It seems to depend of the size of the first loaded loop ?! Or whatever ;-) I really don't get it... anyway, most of time I can't properly record a 8 bars loop...

I'll push my investigations further when I'll reinstall the app...

Jesse

Can you let me know exactly

Post by Jesse »

Can you let me know exactly what loop options you have set regarding the recording offset issue? I know you are having other issues preventing you from experimenting. I would like to narrow down the circumstances that the loopset loading fails to work, obviously.

Galaxyexplorer

I have a big problem when i

Post by Galaxyexplorer »

I have a big problem when i put the delay to 1/16 i it appears to all instruments and it's fixed now! I cannot change the delay time now! That's bad : (
Yes....now all is set to 1486ms delay time and it's freeze!

Galaxyexplorer

Seems i'm a totally dumb!

Post by Galaxyexplorer »

Seems i'm a totally dumb! Sorry! I set the bpm to 10....after go to 100 or so it works again!

J.C

I had the same issue, even

Post by J.C »

I had the same issue, even with the previous release.

Just load another 100 BPM loop and then the one you want, delete the other and you should be fine.

Jesse

Oddly enough if you set the

Post by Jesse »

Oddly enough if you set the Beats/Bar to 6 in the loop options before you load the Gyilli loop, it will actually get the BPM correct. I think it is because that loop actually has a non power of two number of 4-beat bars in it (it has 6 4-beat bars) that confuses the automatic BPM detection routine in TJ.

Linsey

Thanks as always for the

Post by Linsey »

Thanks as always for the update on a truly great app ....look forward to the bug fixes.
I've noticed that now when selecting monitoring of 'audio in' from side tab while recording it will record from mic or other audio input without having to press "record from mic" ....this is great, but the recorded track will be named with whichever instrument is current rather than "mic audio" as before not a major problem ...but just a note