Input Control Mode questions

guitarchitect

Input Control Mode questions

Post by guitarchitect »

Been having a great time exploring all the new features in v2.0...Fabulous job!

I'm intrigued by the Mic Input Control Mode toggle...heard your very nice string demo on SoundCloud. I'm having some trouble getting it to work properly with voice input. There are pull out controls when you toggle on, but could'nt find the description of these in the user guide notes. I seem to get a constant note sustain with any instrument I tried. Played around with Threshold level but didn't stop it. Any advice?

Jesse

Are you using headphones?

Post by Jesse »

Are you using headphones? Otherwise the speaker output will constantly get recognized causing the note feedback.

As for the controls, 'Thr' is the volume threshold to trigger a note, raise it if you are in a noisier environment to prevent false triggers. 'Vel' controls how much the volume of your voice affects the volume of the note, a lower value will pay more attention to the input volume giving you dynamic control of note volume. 'Gli' is how much glide time there is between notes, the higher the value, the slower and smoother the glide is.

guitarchitect

Thx for the explanation of

Post by guitarchitect »

Thx for the explanation of the voice mic input controls. I was not using headphones when I noticed the note sustaining issue - external iPad speaker only. Doesn't sound like feedback, just constant sustain of the last note. Note continues until I change(sing) a different note...it doesn't stop when I stop. This was my first attempt at voice control - I'll be trying it again tonight and will report back.

Jesse

Feedback as a generic term,

Post by Jesse »

Feedback as a generic term, the pitch recognizer hears the output from the speaker through the mic and thus continues playing the note. A louder signal could cause it to recognize a new note, but it would still end up stuck there unless the threshold was raised enough.