Multitrack recording with ThumbJam?

SienaT

Multitrack recording with ThumbJam?

Post by SienaT »

Hi all,

I was just wondering if it's possible to create a multitrack recording in ThumbJam? I don't want to use loops, I want to actually multitrack. I have all the instruments I need for my songs, and what I want to do is start off with the accordion track, then build on that by adding the guitar, then the bass, then the drums. I was wondering if there's any way I can do this with just ThumbJam? I know there's an audiobus compatible multitrack recorder called Multitrack Daw (or something of the like), but I'm not sure if it's compatible with Voiceover and am not willing to buy it unless I can be sure that it is VO compatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Siena.

Jesse

No, you can't do multitrack

Post by Jesse »

No, you can't do multitrack recording (without looping) in ThumbJam. Now that there exists AudioBus, it will likely never happen, because with multitrack recording comes the expectation of all the editing of regions, etc. It is a rabbit hole that need no longer be followed.

That said, MultiTrack DAW does not appear to have VoiceOver support, but Apple's GarageBand does and it also supports AudioBus for recording, and is very inexpensive. Give it a try!