How to load 2nd loop

djafull

How to load 2nd loop

Post by djafull »

Hi, trying to figure out how to load a 2nd loop after a loop that's allready recorded or loaded?

I have not found anything about it in the manual, or have I overlooked how?

Jesse

Well, whenever you try to

Post by Jesse »

Well, whenever you try to load an additional loop an alert pops up asking if you want to Replace All, or Add To existing loops... if you choose Add To it will load that loop as an additional one. Alternatively, if you had turned on the "Add to current Set" switch at the bottom of the load screen, it wouldn't even ask, and just add to existing.

If you are having issues with synchronization of those added loops, it might be affected by a bug with the Rewind button, if you used it. Usually, you have to know that the loops you are choosing have musically related lengths, or you won't have much success adding additional ones.

Is there something else going on?

djafull

hmm .. I explained maybe a

Post by djafull »

hmm .. I explained maybe a little bad, I want to create a longer loop,
I manage fine to add it to the existing loop (on top)

ClassicalFan

Undoubtedly you're looking

Post by ClassicalFan »

Undoubtedly you're looking for a way to do this within ThumbJam (which I don't know if there is one -- that's a question for Jesse).

But if you have a music track editing app on your iPad/iPhone you can combine your ThumbJam loops there. I use MultiTrack DAW, which is far from the only one but is my favorite. Use the Import/Export menu. Just copy the loop from ThumbJam, paste it into the other app, come back to ThumbJam and copy the second loop, and paste it into the other app. You can play them on top of each other or one after the other, whatever you like. Then copy them in the other app, come back to ThumbJam and Paste Loop. It's a bit of a fiddly process, but it works fine. I've done it a lot.