changing key of loop

mousefan71

changing key of loop

Post by mousefan71 »

Hi, Jesse--great app! just downloaded a couple days ago, and have already spent about 10 hours on it. After jamming to a loop for a while, it'd be nice to change the key that the loop is playing in (transpose). I know you can change the key of the solo instrument, but the loop seems to stay stuck in the original key. Am I missing something somewhere? Thanks!!

Jesse

Nope, you're not missing

Post by Jesse »

Nope, you're not missing anything, the loops are recorded as audio files and they are not sequenced. As a result, to do any transposing or time-stretching of them (other than changing their pitch and speed together) would both take a fair amount of CPU usage and reduce the quality. It is possible that in the future the loops will also maintain their sequenced instructions and could be re-rendered on the fly to accommodate such changes.

mousefan71

Thanks for the quick reply.

Post by mousefan71 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I've already got a work around. I just saved a new loop in the dominant ( or any new key for that matter) that is just about the same as the original. I just do a quick load of that loop and I'm jamming in a new key with only a sec or 2 downtime. Easy enough. And as you or others have said, this program is more like an actual musical instrument- not a sequencer. It's been phenomenal so far, and I just plugged my iPhone into my Logitech computer speakers (don't remember the model) but it has an 8" sub and holy cow!!!! Thanks again ( from a musician and band teacher)!!