Trying to hit the skinny notes at the ends of the screen

jorgren

Trying to hit the skinny notes at the ends of the screen

Post by jorgren »

This is a pain! Especially so because the notes at the ends of the screen are the TONIC. I have a fat case on my iPod Touch (Otterbox) and I have to really jam my fingers against the case to hit these notes, which messes up my timing. Because these notes are (a) half normal width, (b) partially obscured by menu buttons, and (c) the tonic of the scale, I think they should be DOUBLE WIDTH, not half width.

mat

Hi jorgren, yes, sometimes it

Post by mat »

Hi jorgren,

yes, sometimes it just kills me, hopefully next version will open more possibilities about the exact notes starting and ending the screen (or am I just daydreaming?). Additionally you can post your double width good idea on the feature request part of the forum (could/should be a toggle option to me as sometimes it would take much real estate when not desired).

Cheers

Jesse

Yeah, I got rid of the weird

Post by Jesse »

Yeah, I got rid of the weird end note sizes in the upcoming version, they are all equal size now. I also will add a drag/pinch bar that lets you choose any range, *not* limited to octave boundaries across the screen.

mat

Great news! Can't wait (still

Post by mat »

Great news! Can't wait (still patient) ; )

jorgren

You're always a step ahead of

Post by jorgren »

You're always a step ahead of us, Jesse!

ClassicalFan

I'll be anxious to try the

Post by ClassicalFan »

I'll be anxious to try the new version, sounds like it will eliminate those pesky tonic notes that are out of reach. I wasn't really bothered like this until iOS 5, and now every time I try to hit the top tonic note I get the notifications banner from the operating system instead. Then my performance/recording is usually ruined. Can't figure out how to disable that.