Working with loops

dogface

Working with loops

Post by dogface »

When you import a loop from your computer, is it possible to get it to loop with out recording it. This is probably a piece of piss but I'm still figuring this app out bit by bit. It's excellent!!!

dogface

Another noob question. I've

Post by dogface »

Another noob question. I've composed a 4 bar loop made up of bass,steel and strings which sound great. What I want to do is have the bass play 4 bars, then the steel comes in on 5th bar and strings on the 9th. Is there any way to do this easily? Thanks

Jesse

Not entirely sure I catch the

Post by Jesse »

Not entirely sure I catch the meaning of your question, but to get a loop going that you imported from your computer, just go to Loop->Load and select the Loops tab. It should show up in there as the filename, just select it to get it loaded and playing.

Jesse

You can do it manually by

Post by Jesse »

You can do it manually by muting/unmuting the Loop->Mixer. What happens after, are you trying to perform something live? If you want to capture that, enable Session Record then start the loops and do the unmuting....

dogface

Thanks for your reply

Post by dogface »

Thanks for your reply Jesse.

I haven't tried the session option yet so I'll give that a go. I'm not using it live, so I have been exporting the files to Fruity Loops and adding drum loops that way. I'm currently rubbish at getting the kicks spot on the beat!

P.S I love the way you can import any wav file and then pitch it up and down, add it to your cuerrent project etc ; so much fun!!!

Best 4 quid I've ever spent!

AltVader

BeatMaker is capable of doing

Post by AltVader »

BeatMaker is capable of doing this. It gives you total control over your tracks and lets you do a song with changes like this. The learning curve is not trivial, and there's a stark contrast between the speed at which you can whip out a ThumbJam and the methodical pace at which you put together an entire song in BeatMaker. If you're serious about putting it all together though, you'll need something more than TJ to get it done.