Indian Scales

garyinthailand

I have only an iPad. No

Post by garyinthailand »

I have only an iPad. No option yet for ios4.

I'm shifting my thinking a bit. I no longer think it's worthwhile for us to render the 'zigs and zags' of the non-linear ragas. That comes under what my teacher refers to as the 'grammar' of the raga. What we're building is not an engine to play the raga, but an instrument on which it might be played. It's still up to the musician.

I do think it's worthwhile for us to do the 'assymetric' scales on a split screen, perhaps with an option to 'fold down' to a single screen with all the notes.

Here's a couple of scale lists. Still works in progress.

Are you getting anywhere with the volatility issue? It's making it hard to workImageImage

garyinthailand

Hi jesse, Just got updated to

Post by garyinthailand »

Hi jesse,

Just got updated to iOS4 and back to working with the scales a bit. Makes a big difference not having to reload every time I leave the app.

Take care.

caseyjamesbasichis

I have a file formatted in

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

I have a file formatted in the TJ method

<Scale name="12-1M(1) ChromaticSclDodecaMirror"
numnotes="12"
tags="Pitch Set"
tuning="just"
pitchset="4095" />

There are 352 total. Will that work one the scale function is working again? Some of the names are kinda long is there a limit?

Thanks,
Casey

caseyjamesbasichis

Im finding that I cant upload

Im finding that I cant upload an sxml. It seems to upload in the browser but then doesn't show up in the list or when the browser is refreshed.

caseyjamesbasichis

Oh, sorry I mean the

Oh, sorry I mean the http://192.168.blah blah Thumb Jam page not the forum. I cant get the scales to load into my ipad.

Jesse

Ah, this can happen if there

Post by Jesse »

Ah, this can happen if there is any syntax error in the XML file. Post it here and I can validate it for you.

caseyjamesbasichis

Thanks Jesse... Once its

Thanks Jesse... Once its fixed it will still have the issue of erasing upon reloading correct?Image

Jesse

OK, got it working. It had

Post by Jesse »

OK, got it working. It had several issues, first it was in unicode 16bit format, which I doubt it likes much, second some of the names had < characters in them which is illegal. No worries.

And I guess it will have the erasing issue after restarting, sigh....