dsmidi how to

tone_poet

dsmidi how to

Post by tone_poet »

Just how exactly do I control my logic virtual instruments on my Mac pro using Thumjam and dsmidi thank you

Jesse

You don't want to use dsmidi,

Post by Jesse »

You don't want to use dsmidi, instead you just want to use the Network Session Output in the main midi configuration. You will need to run Audio MIDI Setup application on your mac, open the MIDI window, and double click the Network node to bring up the network midi configuration window. Select (or create a session), and then while running ThumbJam on your network you should see your device show up in the list. Select it and hit the Connect button. Now, in ThumbJam make sure the Network Session item in the Output section is set to ON, and it should be sending the MIDI to your computer.

In Logic, you will look for the MIDI port with name of the network session as shown in the Audio MIDI Setup window and listen there.

tone_poet

thanks alot will do

Post by tone_poet »

thanks alot will do

tone_poet

not happening yet I opened

Post by tone_poet »

not happening yet I opened up audio midi window tried a new session saw the iPad connected with it I am able to connect with Animmog and alchemy I thought I enabled everything in thumjam and were would I see anything in logic

tone_poet

I dug a little deeper and got

Post by tone_poet »

I dug a little deeper and got it happening , now i am trying to discover how to send velocity and or pressure info , hope that is possible