Retrieving files

wrtzblk

Retrieving files

Post by wrtzblk »

Can someone tell me where to go to find the files I have saved?

BTW - FANTASTIC APP! My favorite!

Jesse

Just be on a WiFi network, go

Post by Jesse »

Just be on a WiFi network, go to ThumbJam's Prefs->Data Transfer page, and enable the server. Then point the web browser on your computer to the URL shown there. You can then download your sessions, and archive and download your loop sets.

wrtzblk

Thank you very much! Worked

Post by wrtzblk »

Thank you very much! Worked great.

Jesse

Since there is no User's

Post by Jesse »

Since there is no User's Guide yet, I thought I'd mention here that the loop sets are saved with an Ardour session file. Ardour (http://ardour.org) is a free and open source DAW for Mac or Linux that I encourage you to try out if you are on one of those platforms.

Currently the sound files saved are standard WAVs, but you'll notice that their lengths may not match each other because of the way they are handled internally. The session file arranges them together with the proper offset and spacing. It is possible in the future that the export process will create WAV files that can be more easily used in other software by creating them with the full loop lengths and positiioning offsets.

Jesse

What is the error you got

Post by Jesse »

What is the error you got when you tried to "create archive"?

The Loop Save has each loop stored in its own audio file, along with a session file for TJ and one for Ardour, (ardour.org) so you can load it up and edit. There is no reverb applied in the raw loop files (delay is, however).

The Session Record creates a stereo WAV file that is exactly what you are hearing, all loops and live playing mixed together with all effects. Whenever you switch it to "On" it starts recording a new audio file until you switch it to "Off". What was the file size of the session file you tried to download? Was the session record enabled while you were playing anything?

Jesse

The next release will make it

Post by Jesse »

The next release will make it really easy to build your own instruments in the app. You will just upload via wifi your samples in a zip file, create a new instrument, pick and choose which samples are a part of it (and set their note, if pitched), and tweak parameters. You can also archive it and pull it off to share with others, etc.

Until then, you can try to do it by hand using the instructions and examples here: http://thumbjam.com/sampleset_format

Jesse

Just right-click on the link

Post by Jesse »

Just right-click on the link and pick the Download As... or similar from the popup menu in the browser...