Old Analog Electric Piano

Jesse

Thanks! I would suggest that

Post by Jesse »

Thanks! I would suggest that the overall level is a little hot, when you play multiple simultaneous notes it begins distorting. If you go in and adjust the gain_offset parameter in the .flot file to "-5", or by editing the gain in the sample set editor in the app, it is better.

Also, there is special logic in place to deal with reverb room size that you should be aware of... since that parameter of the reverb is a global one. It will respect your preset's roomsize value when you load the preset and there are NO loops loaded already. Once you record at least one loop, whatever roomsize value was active at that time will be maintained, regardless of you loading other instruments with different room sizes (unless you change it by hand). Once you clear the loops again, it will respect the presets you load.

guitarchitect

How do I download instrument

Post by guitarchitect »

How do I download instrument files created by other users on this forum to my TJ?

Jesse

The easiest way is to just

Post by Jesse »

The easiest way is to just click on the ZIP link from your device, it will download then present an open in Thumbjam option. I just tried it with the instrument posted above and although it reported success the sampleset did not actually show up. I'll need to investigate whose fault that is later.

guitarchitect

Thanks Jesse - you're always

Post by guitarchitect »

Thanks Jesse - you're always quick with a response!
Still having some trouble. Downloaded the zip file directly into TJ. Shows up in instrument list but when selected, name shows at top of screen but previously selected instrument still sounds.
Tried putting TJ WiFi Server address (from Prefs) in browser but can't get the TJ WiFi Server to connect.
WiFi cannection is fine but tried several times on different days and keep getting "can't connect to server" message. Any ideas?

Jesse

Like I said, that particular

Post by Jesse »

Like I said, that particular ZIP file above has issues. Was it another one you tried that also failed as you mentioned?

I assume you flipped the Enable Server switch to ON, and entered the full URL including the :8080 ?

guitarchitect

I finally got the ugh sample

Post by guitarchitect »

I finally got the ugh sample kit to download. But still getting error messages ("cannot connect to server") when I try the TJ WiFi Server address in my browser. Can't load a lot of the other instruments on the Instruments forum... any idea why the server connection problem? Checked address...definitely correct.
Thx

guitarchitect

Here's what seems to

Post by guitarchitect »

Here's what seems to happen...press zip file from forum, it downloads. Press option to "Open in ThumbJam",
first nothing happens, the TJ opening screen pops up (big thumb logo); TJ doesn't open. The screen jumps back to my Apps screen. I open TJ and no new instrument is in the list. Ideas?