Having Difficulty Uploading an Instrument File

bflat

Having Difficulty Uploading an Instrument File

Post by bflat »

Hello,

I'm attempting to upload my first instrument file and continually receive the following error message:

"http://thumbjam.com
An HTTP error 0 occurred.
/upload/js"

The file size is 877 KB compressed and contains multi-samples scalar notes of a Muted Pocket Trumpet. The files are in AAC audio format (M4A) and uses the same naming convention outlined in the "Creating Instruments" section of the User Guide. The package does not contain FLOT files because I'm not completed sure how to generate them.

Any help from the forum on how to upload files and generate FLOT files is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!

BTW...per my first forum posting (8/30), I'm finally able to successfully upload user-created instrument audio files to my First Generation iPod Touch by using 16-bit WAV files, or AAC (M4A) audio files.

bflatImage

Jesse

Can you give me some more

Post by Jesse »

Can you give me some more information, such as device and iOS version? What computer platform and web browser are you using? Also, I assume you are uploading them from the "Uploaded Samples" section of the web interface, correct? With the same computer and web browser you can successfully do the same thing on your old ipod touch (same version of TJ)? Is there a chance the networking configuration is different now?

bflat

The computer platform used to

Post by bflat »

The computer platform used to post comments and upload files to the forum is the Apple Macbook Pro, Mac OSX Ver. 10.7.1, and the Safari Web Browser. I attempted to upload the zipped Pocket Trumpet instrument files using the "File attachments " hotspot during the creation of the original comment you are replying to. The following error is being received on my Macbook Pro.
"http://thumbjam.com
An HTTP error 0 occurred.
/upload/js"

The iPod issue is solved. The problem was a user-created error. The WAV files used originally to generate instrument scalar audio notes were 32-bit files that my First-Gen iPod couldn't read. Everything worked well with 16-bit WAV files or AAC (M4A audio files. interestingly, my iPad1 had no problem downloading and playing the 32-bit, 17Mb, instrument file. I've since reduced the file to 16-bit, 887kb in size!

Thanks,

bflat

Jesse

Ah, I misunderstood, you are

Post by Jesse »

Ah, I misunderstood, you are having problems uploading the instrument ZIP file to this forum. If the file is a .zip file extension it should work fine.... I just tested it from Safari on Snow Leopard (not Lion, as you are), and your file size is fine.... you could always try firefox too...

As for getting flot files, all you need to do is to download your created instrument using those samples from the Recorded Instruments section of TJ's wifi transfer web interface. That ZIP file can be used directly by others to install your instrument.