Transfer my instrument presets to new device?

SparkyD

Transfer my instrument presets to new device?

Post by SparkyD »

Is there a direct way to transfer my customized instruments from my iPod Touch to my iPhone SE? I’ve tweaked the Effects, Controls, and Sample settings to create dozens of unique presets, and I’d rather not manually reconfigure each and every one in my new device. I’m hoping for something like copy-and-paste, but anything less time-consuming and tedious than manual entry would be much appreciated. I’d rather spend my time playing!

erniethepiper

Re: Transfer my instrument presets to new device?

Post by erniethepiper »

You might be able to copy/paste from the files app unless the config files are hidden.

Jesse

Re: Transfer my instrument presets to new device?

Post by Jesse »

Yes, in TJ's Prefs -> Import/Export, Export Instruments... then select your instrument and select Share to iTunes (which will put it in the area available to the Files app). You can do this for all of your instruments. Then, go into the Files app, and Browse.. On My iPhone -> ThumbJam. Look for the instruments, which will be ZIP files. You can then select and do an airdrop to your other device, and then Open In.. ThumbJam on the other side and they will be imported.

If, for some reason the ThumbJam folder doesn't show up in Files, do a full power-off of your device and power it back on again.

I should really modernize the export options in TJ, so you can a direct Share... from the instrument export section to skip the Files app thing.