Memory usage

Blinky49

Memory usage

Post by Blinky49 »

Why does my Thumbjam show I have used 11.6 gig of memory when I have nothing saved in the program? Can't seem to figure out what is using that much memory. I have no more room to do anything on my IPad.

Jesse

That doesn't sound right at

Post by Jesse »

That doesn't sound right at all! Have you done any loop recording? I would be very, very curious where this is coming from. If you could get the application for your computer called iFunbox at http://www.i-funbox.com you can browse in ThumbJam's document space and see exactly where this data might be.

ckbarlow

+1 on memory usage <--- I'm resolved! [but it's weird]

Post by ckbarlow »

Mine shows 4.3GB in my iPad's Settings > General > Usage > Storage, and I have no saved loops.

Quickly checked out iFunBox but when I try to view ThumbJam, IFB pops a message that I'd have to jailbreak my iPad to access those files. Rather not do that.

Any ideas? Thanks! Love the app.

-------------EDIT / UPDATE ---------------
Looked using the WiFi transfer page and there's a Session recording (no idea what it is!) that is... drumroll... 4.29GB. LOL... Transferring it now to see what sort of brilliance I recorded two years ago and forgot about. :lol: Good gravy...

OP, could this be your situation too?

--------- ANOTHER UPDATE ----------------
I'm posting this detail because it might indicate a problem: the 4.3GB Session recording was complete silence. I threw it in Audacity and normalized it just to be sure it wasn't just super low level; nada.
CK Barlow
iPad Mini 32GB [Model PD532LL/A]
Version 8.3 (12F69)

Jesse

Re: Memory usage

Post by Jesse »

Thanks for the report, not sure how that got there, but clearly it isn't good!