Thank you for the update!

mojofunk

Thank you for the update!

Post by mojofunk »

Midi clock and audiobus is absolutely fantastic! It is wonderful to loop other ios instruments within Thumbjam, to add their flavors to what is my favorite of all (TJ of course). Your software has already seen more stage time than any others in my world, and I can't wait to try some guitar looping within TJ also. You mention "limited" midi clock in - how so? From what I've seen it's spot on! Thanks again, your gizmo has really enriched my life! XOXO.

Jesse

If the midi clock coming in

Post by Jesse »

If the midi clock coming in from the outside changes in tempo, then TJ will *not* do any time stretching or adjusting for that change. Eventually I might consider adding time stretching, but I can't generally stand the quality degradation that will result because there isn't enough CPU juice to use a really high quality form of it for multiple tracks. So you might discover some drifting occurring as well when syncing externally. Please let me know what works and what doesn't though!

mojofunk

The only time that time

Post by mojofunk »

The only time that time stretching would be useful to me would be if stretch could be applied to an imported loop (similar to the looper slot in Modrum). This would allow a constantly evolving drums loop, or an initial instrument loop could be created, and then a beat could be dropped in next. This is what I do with clock sync into Modrum, but it'd sure be swank to do it all within Thumbjam! Thanks again - I really love the app.