Can't record on iPad2

bobland

Can't record on iPad2

Post by bobland »

I downloaded this app and began to play around with it. I managed to record 5 tracks, none of which I liked. Somehow, I managed to delete the tracks but since then, I've read the manual but can't get anything to record. The red button on the left side goes on and off immediately. When I tap "loop" and tap "Record Loop," the "Record from Mic" option appears on the upper right. As soon as I touch the "keyboard" the "Recorded 1|0" message appears to flicker and the "Finish Record" message appears just as quickly. Nothing gets recorded. I have the "Quantize Start" set to Off as described in a different thread but it doesn't make any difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
bobland

Jesse

Yes, killing the app will

Post by Jesse »

Yes, killing the app will certainly get things going again. From the main device home screen, double-tap the home button to bring up the taskbar. Find the ThumbJam icon and press and hold it until the red indicators come up, then tap the red indicator to kill it.

However, I am interested in exactly what you did before that, because I haven't seen this particular bug before. Did you record 4 loops in a row, and then clear them with Loop->Clear Loops? Or was there some other way that you did things?

bobland

Didn't realize but I had

Post by bobland »

Didn't realize but I had everything in memory. I went to the Apple store to resolve some other user problems. They told me how to remove all the memory resident apps. I did that, brought TJ up and, walla, it worked.

Thanks for this great piece of software!

bobland