iExplorer backup / restore ?

grb

iExplorer backup / restore ?

Post by grb »

Is using iExplorer (http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/) for backing up and restoring loopsets OK ?

ie: Does Thumbjam 'mind' if I copy example.loopset folders back into the Document\.AppData\loopsets folder, or does it need other data generated when importing via the webinterface ?

I keep running out of storage space, but iExplorer looks like a quick way of backing up / restoring loosets & it does seem to work...

(The only thing that didn't seem to work as expected was to manually create a .zip file of the .loopset folder and try importing it via the web interface)

grb.

+ I realise the potential for messing up the application files if used without care...

Jesse

Yes, you should be able to

Post by Jesse »

Yes, you should be able to move .loopset folders in and out of that folder and TJ shouldn't have any problems. All it does is scan it for folders ending in .loopset.

If you want to manually create zip files and have them be reimported, you need to make sure that the meta.flotls is at the toplevel of the ZIP archive. Obviously, use iexplorer at your own risk, but the risk isn't that much.

grb

Thanks for the prompt reply,

Post by grb »

Thanks for the prompt reply, as ever & Seasons Greetings !

grb.

grb

It doesn't seem to work so

Post by grb »

It doesn't seem to work so easily for the samplesets. Perhaps because there is an xml file which holds the instrument list info - does this recreate from the filesystem contents ever?

grb.

Jesse

You are correct, it keeps

Post by Jesse »

You are correct, it keeps state in the XML files for the samplesets, and there is no mechanism for recreating it from contents right now. You can either do it the "normal" way from within the app (or wifi transfer), or edit the XML files at your own risk.