SynthStation25 versus Scales?

deej

SynthStation25 versus Scales?

Post by deej »

I was looking for a good way to get Mellotron Strings and Choir that were compatible with Akai SynthStation25. I see that your planning to release the update with this support. So I purchased ThumbJam for my Iphone live rig.
My question is, How are the scales going to effect interaction with the SynthStation? I mean, seeing as how the scales are what set ThumbJam apart from a sample player. How will this work?

Also, I find myself looking for a good !ROCK! organ, distorted Leslie B3, Deep Purple, Vanilla Fudge type thing. A in app insturment would be great!!

With all that said. ThumbJam is a great app as is! I'm recommending it to the Detroit scene.

Jesse

Well, the current

Post by Jesse »

Well, the current implementation just ignores the scales and the SS25 just acts like a normal keyboard controller playing the instruments. Another user came up with a cool idea to also have a scale mode where the white keys become equivalent to the current note grid, so that playing only the white keys plays whatever scale happens to be selected. I'm considering adding that feature (available for any midi input source) and even having it togglable via one of the dedicated buttons on the SS25 (Synth 2 or 3, most likely).

I'll see what I can do regarding a rock B3. The next version also supports stereo samples in instruments so at least the existing organs will have a better leslie effect.

Jesse

Just implemented the "Scale

Post by Jesse »

Just implemented the "Scale Lock" midi input mode and it rocks! Now you can not only sound like Jordan Rudess playing the crap out of a scale, you can look like him too!

deej

This all sounds great. The

Post by deej »

This all sounds great. The white keys idea is a good one I think. I was thinking along the same lines Myself.
I'll be looking forward to play with all your hardwork on this app. Thanks for considering the Rock Organ!