did the last update ruin my old loopsets for good?

drumminangoleiro

did the last update ruin my old loopsets for good?

Post by drumminangoleiro »

Hello,

I've dabbled in playing with ThumbJam a bit over the past year or two with some long breaks here and there. I had been making songs by recording a "loop" (although I wasn't using them for looping), then recording another "loop" on top of that, and so on...treating it more like a 4-track than a looper I guess. Typically I'd start with drums, then come in with another instrument, then come in with another instrument. Well I have some "loop sets" (songs pretty much) that I hadn't gotten around to saving as sessions and wanted to save them the way I recorded them....

.... so my problem now is that when I load my old loop sets, all of the instruments start playing simultaneously. Is there any possible way I can get these old loop sets to play the way I recorded them originally? Also, will I be able to record new songs the way I was before or are my "loops" always going to all start at the same time?

Thanks! (thumbjam is still my favorite app and I highly recommend it to folks all the time!)

Jesse

I see you were using what I

Post by Jesse »

I see you were using what I had determined to be a looping "bug" to get a pseudo multi-track thing going on, sorry! Realistically, what you want is a non-looping record and playback mode inside TJ, and it is quite possible I will add one eventually. But for the short term, your best bet might be to export those individual loops to another multitrack recording app that is more suitable for it. You can use copy/paste with most of them. If you need any help with that, let me know....

drumminangoleiro

ah man, so my method of

Post by drumminangoleiro »

ah man, so my method of recording songs was just a bug? i want the bug back! i find it way easier to make cool stuff that way than looping. so all of the loops i make will always start at the exact same time?

do you know if there's an easy way to export loops to amplitube? thats my other favorite music-making app. if not i guess i can always use my real 4-track, but it won't sound as good as the old thumbjam i don't think.