which Ipod Touch generation would you recomend to run ThumbJam?

TanDog

which Ipod Touch generation would you recomend to run ThumbJam?

Post by TanDog »

Hi
I use ThumbJam on my old IPhone 3g within my setup at the moment, and I'm thinking of getting an old iPod Touch so I can run a second live setup (less messing round with leads etc for live and recording), will ThumbJam run on all Ipod touches and/or which Ipod Touch generation would you recomend to run ThumbJam?

Also as the time will be coming (maybe its arrived?)when new Thumbjam apps wont run on older versions of hardware, do you, or are you planning to have an archive of older ThumbJam program's availible so we can carry on with the older Hardware.
Thanks for a brilliant app by the way, Ive used it for a number of my video sound tracks see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36VAyQ9dmY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqW1FyzVpns

All the best

Jesse

As always, the newer device

Post by Jesse »

As always, the newer device the better, but I would say that you should be fine with a 3rd gen touch. A 2nd gen touch will work a little better than your current iphone 3g, since you're used to that, but the newer devices really have improved responsiveness and ability to get more loops going.

I hope that as I add features that hog CPU and memory, you will always be able to toggle them off and stay runnable in the old devices, but we'll see.

TanDog

Hi jesse I agree that a new

Post by TanDog »

Hi jesse
I agree that a new device would be the best option, but sadly the musical use for an iphone/ipod/ipad would be secondary at the moment.
Afraid after much thought I went Android at my last phone upgrade and HP envy for laptop(was fed up with Apples system updates and thought waiting a full day for an operating system upgrade install for a phone was unreasonable)

I understand that there are probs with Androids user interface but maybe with the new quad processor devices (!) it may be possible to do an Android version of ThumbJam, I can hope!!

Thanks and all the best