Audio through ear piece, on screen navigation...Help please

dlifesjrny

Audio through ear piece, on screen navigation...Help please

Post by dlifesjrny »

I am running V1.3 on iPhone 3G.

The audio is only playing through the phone's ear speaker, not the main speaker on the bottom of the phone. It's unbelievable quiet.

I saw a Jordan Rudess video and he had access to menus on the side of the screen that let him make adjustments like switching to Continuous Scale on the fly while still playing. How do I get that menu on my screen too?

Thanks!

Jesse

To fix the audio playing

Post by Jesse »

To fix the audio playing through receiver issue just go to the iPod application and play something... it will switch it to speaker. Then go back to TJ and all will be well.

To get that sidebar just hit the Sound->Key Controls menu button to toggle it.

dlifesjrny

Thanks. Those were what I

Post by dlifesjrny »

Thanks. Those were what I needed :)

The audio is routed correctly, but still very quiet. Much much MUCH quieter than Bebot, for example.
When using the volume boost, it distorts too much.

Jesse

TJ was designed primarily for

Post by Jesse »

TJ was designed primarily for high-quality listening with headphones or plugged into "real" speakers, nothing else does the instruments justice. The other reason the levels were chosen the way they are is to allow for layering of loops without undue worrying about tweaking the levels all the time. When competing against highly compressed commercial music, it just can't, hence the addition of the volume boost which wasn't designed to be a good solution for anything else.