Guitar control for TJ instruments?

guitarchitect

Yes, it worked with the iPad

Post by guitarchitect »

Yes, it worked with the iPad version of GB - just plugged it in (with camera connection kit) and GB recognized it immediately with no other action required.
I tried your exact sequence for TJ and still no luck. No sound. Device does not show up in the MIDI input options, even when started after TJ was already running. Any other suggestions to check?

guitarchitect

Also tried killing TJ and

Post by guitarchitect »

Also tried killing TJ and then restarting with device already connected...still no luck.
Besides switching Core midi on in Options, should all the other midi Send options be switched on also?

Thepinkelefant

I tried using JamUp interface

Post by Thepinkelefant »

I tried using JamUp interface and it was ok...Tenor Sax sounds the best i think.
Had to fiddle witht the thresholds a bit to get some sound but still very sensitive at times and also picks up some other sounds.

If TJ can improve this then it will be AWESOME..

Maybe need more parameters to fine tune the input so that tracking can be done in a better fashion.
On a similar note , i have yonacs Shredder and its ...well...woeful at this point.
I enjoyed using TJ in this fashion much more !!!

Hope to see some more improvements or tracking reliability from TJ when using audio input and then using guitar or other instruments would be awesome !!
Maybe there are crazy algorithms that would could be used here. ;-)

Thanks
Pat

guitarchitect

Update: my You Rock Guitar is

Post by guitarchitect »

Update: my You Rock Guitar is working perfectly as a guitar MIDI controller for all ThumbJam's instruments! Finally got it connected and configured properly thru CoreMIDI and works great! Recorded a few TJ loops with ease; the TJ synth sounds are particularly nice since the YRG fingerboard can be set-up as velocity sensitive; something guitar players could never accomplish with a guitar before. TJ and YRG are a winning combination for us "keyboard-challenged" musicians.

obiwahnkentobi

a little

Post by obiwahnkentobi »

a little video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXVf2oD9W8
but my guitareplayer will not wanna used it, the latency is to high, he said.
you can here/see it if you here/see the sound of the guitare & the playing sound of the sample...
nice day

guitarchitect

I noticed some latency using

Post by guitarchitect »

I noticed some latency using a regular electric guitar with Apogee Jam interface, but not much. The output is monophonic only. With the You Rock Guitar midi controller there is really no latency and it is polyphonic.
It has really been working great with ThumbJam!

guitarchitect

For all you guitar players

Post by guitarchitect »

For all you guitar players who love TJ as I do...I highly recommend the YRG (You Rock Guitar) for use as a Midi controller for TJ instruments. Record your favorite loops with TJ instruments while playing guitar.
It is now available at Guitar Center (and even Target) and it's inexpensive too! They just came out with a 2nd Generation model ($249) but you can still pick up the first gen models on eBay for about $100.
Having tons of creative fun with this guitar/TJ looping combo!!!

brunogarza1021

you can also use ThumbJam as

Post by brunogarza1021 »

you can also use ThumbJam as a MIDI Controller to a virtual lead guitar instrument as well.
I found that Nexus2 has an expansion on guitars and this one lead works great with it, not to mention that ThumbJam works great as a MIDI Controller to any other virtual instrument as well.
It just takes a little practice on your fingers to get ThumbJam controlled the way you want it.

Here's something I did using ThumbJam for a guitar lead in Nexus 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2mCJS68TZk