help with downloads

Dave

help with downloads

Post by Dave »

Hi, Brilliant app but having trouble with downloaded files. I can see the wav file in the samples folder but can't seem to load it into the instrument folder. I know it's me that's doing something wrong but just can't seem to solve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Jesse

I assume you have uploaded

Post by Jesse »

I assume you have uploaded samples from the WiFi interface with the intent of making new instruments using them? Once you upload your samples, you need to create a new instrument from the Sound->Create Instrument item. In the window that pops up there you want to press the Import New button at the bottom. In the list that comes up you will see your uploaded samples in the Uploaded list and can select one or more (while listening to them) for import. When you've selected the ones you want, just press the Import button in the upper left. Each sample will now be shown in the list on the instrument creation page, you can edit the properties of each sample by selecting them.

Rename your instrument and press done. You should now see an entry for it in the Change Instrument preset list, as well as an entry for the new sample set in the Edit->Sample->Sample Set list.

Dave

Cheers Jesse, Top man! Easy

Post by Dave »

Cheers Jesse,

Top man! Easy when you know how eh! I was trying for ages and if I hadn't of asked, probably days more!

Thanks again,

Dave

Dave

Hi Jesse, Me again! I can now

Post by Dave »

Hi Jesse,

Me again! I can now save and re-name instruments (and it shows up in the 'user' section) but when I exit the app and start it up again it goes back to the line of numbers that I've changed previously. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Dave

Dave

Anyone got a problem with the

Post by Dave »

Anyone got a problem with the Thumbjam configuration page? I keep on getting 'Connection closed by remote server'. Was working fine yesterday.

Thanks,

Dave

P.S...... Is there any other way to upload files to Thumbjam?

Jesse

Is there anything different

Post by Jesse »

Is there anything different about your networking setup since it was last working? Make sure the device didn't go to screen blank....

You can use copy/paste from other apps that support the Sonoma Wire works interface, or beatmaker's interface as another way to get things in TJ.

As for your other issue with instruments getting renamed... others have reported the same issue, I am looking into it.

Dave

Hi Jesse, Just an update on

Post by Dave »

Hi Jesse,

Just an update on the previous topic I mentioned.

(Re: the saving instruments and reverting back to numbers when I exit.)

I've noticed that if I choose another instrument and then exit when I start Thumbjam up again my user instrument (that's now a number) has now changed to the last instrument I had loaded.

I hope this makes sense!

Cheers,

Dave

Jesse

Yes, i have now reproduced

Post by Jesse »

Yes, i have now reproduced this issue and will fix soon. To work around it, you just need to go into the Edit-> Sample page and hit the samplesets button near the top. You'll find the actual sampleset that originally made still on there, just select it, then Done. Then hit the button in the upper right corner and choose Save As New. Name it and done. This one should stick around, I'm pretty sure.