WiFi Transfer Assistance Needed

S4MST3R

WiFi Transfer Assistance Needed

Post by S4MST3R »

Hi All - what an incredible App you've created! Am getting to grips with it and using a downloaded drum loop as a starting point have managed to knock up something pretty funky in no time at all :-) Plugged into my hifi it sounds incredible

In the Prefs under data transfer it asks me to enable the server and then browse to http://192.168.1.108:8080/ however this just times out

Is anybody able to provide any tips? Am desperate to get this session off of the iPhone

Thanks.........Sam

S4MST3R

UPDATE: this works perfectly

Post by S4MST3R »

UPDATE: this works perfectly from my office, but not when I'm at home?

S4MST3R

Had another crack at getting

Post by S4MST3R »

Had another crack at getting my creations off of the iPhone at home and am failing miserably

Do I need to open/forward a port on my router? Have tried 8080 with no luck

Can anybody help me? I presume that the Protocol is TCP, but what should the port range be and what should it translate to? Do I need to enable a trigger port?

A virtual beer on me if anyone can provide some guidance..............thanks..........Sam

Jesse

Are you absolutely sure your

Post by Jesse »

Are you absolutely sure your iphone and PC at home are connecting to the same network? Another user had a similar problem, where their iphone was connected to a neighbors wifi, and not the network their computer was on. What is your computer, and network setup at home exactly?

S4MST3R

Hi Jesse, 100% they are both

Post by S4MST3R »

Hi Jesse,

100% they are both on the same WLAN - I'm in the middle of nowhere and it's the only network within range

My computer's a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.6.3

The wireless router is a BT Homehub with a number of devices connected, typically I don't get any network issues. Are you able to tell me what the '8080' in the address refers to? I believe that I may need to open or forward a port range on the router, or allow the firewall access? - have tried this, but when I browse to the address I just get 'connecting to 192.168.1.108' and then after a couple of minutes it times out saying 'the server at 192.168.1.108' is taking too long to respond

When I'm in the office, which has the most secure of Cisco WLAN's the WiFi transfer worked perfectly

Sam

PS - have tried in both Firefox 3.6.2 and Safari 4.0.5

S4MST3R

Fixed! Took a good look

Post by S4MST3R »

Fixed!

Took a good look through the routers config and noticed that even though this computer and the iPhone were happily connecting to the WLAN, they weren't actually showing as connected devices on the home network (strange!)...... a restart of the router fixed it

Lesson learnt: if after 10 minutes something seems amiss - reboot!