Wireless midi from ipod/pad straight into a keyboard - Is it possible?

tranquil_union

Wireless midi from ipod/pad straight into a keyboard - Is it possible?

Post by tranquil_union »

What seems to be missing is live performance applications using thumbjam and it's awesome scales and playability to control physical keyboard instruments. I would love direct midi control out of thumbjam on an itouch or ipad that goes directly into my keyboard (Korg M3M) that would enable me to use the devices in a live performance without a computer.

Is there a way either wirelessly Bluetooth or wifi get out of thumbjam into a midi port
using something like M-Audio MidAir Wireless MIDI Transmitter and Receiver System?
http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.c ... ir-Wireles...

or what about using the new line 6 midi mobilizer with wires to directly control my keyboard?
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/21/line ... di-and-iph...

Or is there another way I don't know about?

Thanks for chiming in and sharing your thoughts!

Thumbjam is the greatest iphone app ever!!!!

Steven S.

Jesse

Repost from the other

Post by Jesse »

Repost from the other thread:

Yes, there will be several ways to get physical wire (or wireless) midi output in the next version. The Line6 MIDI mobilizer will be supported, as well as CoreMidi which allows for either wifi (with any mac) or physical midi I/O with the iPad camera connection kit and a USB->Midi adaptor (even one like the m-audio product you mentioned).

Your wishes will soon be granted :)

tranquil_union

Jesse, How is the

Post by tranquil_union »

Jesse,
How is the implementation coming with the line 6 midi mobilizer? Is it working yet?

Jesse

Sure, it works. Just need to

Post by Jesse »

Sure, it works. Just need to wrap up all the other items and get the next version fully tested for release.

aroth711

I volonteer for beta-testing

Post by aroth711 »

I volonteer for beta-testing ;-)