Silence after recording a loop

chrisand

Silence after recording a loop

Post by chrisand »

Hi - great improvements and fantastic that Jordan Rudess is now involved

I'm not sure if this is an issue or if I'm missing something:

After recording a loop, naturally there are 1-2 seconds between me finishing playing and me pressing the 'end recording' icon. However, this 1-2 seconds of silence is still part of the recording. Is it possible to have an option to automatically get rid of the silence at the end of a recording? (Apologies if it's already there). Having a silence such as this makes everything sound disjointed when playing together with other loops.

Jesse

What is likely happening here

Post by Jesse »

What is likely happening here is that you've pressed finish a bit too late and it is rounding the recording up to the next bar length. The upcoming version is more lenient about finishing loops so that you have up to a beats worth of time where it will round down to the intended length if you are a little late on the finish. The solution until then is for you to try to hit the finish early, it will always keep recording until the end of the current bar no matter how early you hit it.

eMicBra

Y'now, I never realized that

Post by eMicBra »

Y'now, I never realized that (about continuing to record to the end of the bar if you hit the stop button early). Together with the quantize start feature, that makes recording accurate loops pretty easy.

chrisand

Thanks Jesse - loops are a

Post by chrisand »

Thanks Jesse - loops are a lot easier to create now I've realised this feature! Perhaps in future updates you could make it a little more obvious that you can hit 'stop' early.