Remove Status Bar from top of screen

smwells5

Remove Status Bar from top of screen

Post by smwells5 »

Once again, thanks for this wonderful app. I have used it daily for years.

Now, somehow I enabled the IOS status bar (shows background apps, singnale strength, battery status, etc.) to be placed at the top of my thumbjam playing surface, which interferes with my ability to play the topmost note that would be played in that position on the screen.

How do I remove the status bar so it no longer displays at the top of my Thumbjam screen?

(Note: I am running IOS v15.7.7, Thumbjam v2.6.11 on an iPad Air 2)

Thanks

smwells5

Re: Remove Status Bar from top of screen

Post by smwells5 »

The problem with including the status bar is that if you have other music apps running (e.g. audiobus, etc.), and you accidentally hit the status bar when playing the TJ surface (it's not hard to do, as the highest notes when played vertically are immediately adjacent the status bar), it takes you away from TJ to that app - not good if you are in the middle of playing a song.

Jesse

Re: Remove Status Bar from top of screen

Post by Jesse »

Ah,TJ actually shows the status bar intentionally all the time now to simplify operation on certain devices, and so that the iPad's ... split screen control button at the center has a place to be. (Plus, seeing the battery and time is pretty useful)

I did forget that often the status bar itself can be active touch target for iOS and jump you into other apps. I will add an option to hide the status bar in a future update. Sorry about that!