Pitch bend midi out

smwells5

Pitch bend midi out

Post by smwells5 »

Hi Jesse,

I've been using thumbjam as a midi sample engine for my CME keyboard lately. I play my keyboard controller notes with my left hand and use my iphone in my right hand, modulating the phone back and forth to create a nice vibrato. The vibrato control parameters that are set in thumbjam natively apply to the notes I play on my keyboard as output from Thumbjam when I have my keyboard set as MIDI input in Thumbjam.

What I haven't been able to do though is to use my phone's accelerometer (set in the Controls to V.InvTilt) to generate a pitch-bend to the notes played on the keyboard as well. I've tried every conceivable combination of midi switches in the Thumbjam midi output settings to try to achieve this, but to no avail.

I've also purchased Audiobus 3, in the hopes that I can wrangle some midi configuration with it that will accomplish this objective, but again, no joy.

If you have suggestions as to how I might accomplish this, they would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Jesse

Re: Pitch bend midi out

Post by Jesse »

Yeah, the pitch bend modes that use tilt work hand in hand with touchscreen-triggered notes, so that the bend "zero" is at the tilt the device had when triggering the note via touchscreen, with further bends being relative to that, and usually applying the bend only to the voice triggered by that most recent note. I would need to do something similar with incoming notes triggered via the midi engine, which is possible... I just haven't implemented it yet. Thanks for the heads up!