Silencing thumjam instrument when using as a midi controller

smwells5

Silencing thumjam instrument when using as a midi controller

Post by smwells5 »

Hi,

Thanks very much for this wonderful instrument. It has expressive capabilities that no other instrument on the planet has (that I have found). Though I've become quite proficient over many years on other conventional instruments, the creative/expressive potential in thumbjam has made it worthwhile for me to start from scratch in learning to master it.

Now, my question (which may already be answered elsewhere in the forum, but I couldn't find it):

I'm using thumbjam as a midi out controller, which works surprisingly well to control sample engine app Bizmark bs-16i.

I haven't yet though figured out how to silence the thumbjam internal instrument output so that I only hear the bs-16i output, and not thumbjam as well, in my iPhone audio output.

Thanks,

Steve

Jesse

Re: Silencing thumjam instrument when using as a midi contro

Post by Jesse »

I really need to make that easier to find!

Sound->Volume/iPod -> Mute Instrument switch.

smwells5

Post by smwells5 »

Great! Got that now. Thanks.

I find though that, while I'm able to control pitch bend to the bs-16i, I'm not able to control volume using the x-axis in the thumbjam interface. I had the same issue when trying to control Sample Tank.

I made sure to set Prefs/MIDI/Output Options/send Volume to 'on', 'Volume' under Controls is set to 'x-axis' and 'min' set to -40 db.

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

You're right about the volume thing with X-axis! It does send volume when the control is set to one of the tilt settings, but not for x-axis... nice bug find! However, it does send channel pressure when enabled and on x-axis mode, but your destination app probably can't use it the way you want it.