Multiple thumb jam tracks in sound camp?

eMicBra

Multiple thumb jam tracks in sound camp?

Post by eMicBra »

Is there some way to record more than one thumbjam track in a soundcamp project?

Also, are there any plans to include the looping capabilities of the iOS version in the Android version?

marcelones

Re: Multiple thumb jam tracks in sound camp?

Post by marcelones »

Hi,

I have the same issue.

Looking forward to have it fixed.

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Right now Soundcamp is missing features to make this straightforward. If ThumbJam has the Midi Instrument option enabled it records as a midi track, you need to solo the ThumbJam track, then hit the . . . menu button in the upper right corner and choose Export. Choose an appropriate name for the audio file. Once that completes you need to add a new Audio track, then hit the ... Menu and select import audio clip, choose the file you just exported. You can then remove the contents of the ThumbJam track and switch instruments to record another.

Or you can disable the midi instrument option in TJ's Prefs and the next time you start it up it will record audio in Soundcamp. Then all you need to do is add an audio track and drag the recorded region from TJ's track to the new audio track, freeing up the TJ track for more recording.

marcelones

Post by marcelones »

Jesse,

Thank you for your support.

This is the great advantage I've seen on buying the full version of apps.

People must know it.

Regards,
Marcelo

marcelones

Post by marcelones »

I have another doubt:

Through Soundcamp, I get into Thumbjam, record what I want (with “Enable MIDI Instrument Support” marked) and when I get back to Soundcamp it has the MIDI mapped on Soundcamp.

However, when I export the Thumbjam MIDI on SoundCamp (as a .WAV File) and then I import in Soundcamp, it imports the file as an Audio File (without the MIDI mapped).

On this way I cannot have more than one “Thumbjam Midi track” mapped on Soundcamp.

Is there a way (that maybe I could not see) to have more than one “Thumbjam Midi track” mapped on Soundcamp ?

Thanks in advance.
Marcelo

marcelones

Post by marcelones »

marcelones wrote:I have another doubt:

Through Soundcamp, I get into Thumbjam, record what I want (with “Enable MIDI Instrument Support” marked) and when I get back to Soundcamp it has the MIDI mapped on Soundcamp.

However, when I export the Thumbjam MIDI on SoundCamp (as a .WAV File) and then I import in Soundcamp, it imports the file as an Audio File (without the MIDI mapped).

On this way I cannot have more than one “Thumbjam Midi track” mapped on Soundcamp.

Is there a way (that maybe I could not see) to have more than one “Thumbjam Midi track” mapped on Soundcamp ?

Thanks in advance.
Marcelo

marcelones

Post by marcelones »

It would be Nice to have this option because in case you need to rewrite the first thumbjam track, you Just work on the MIDI notes and you don't need to rewrite the track.

Also we would have the facility of working only on MIDI tracks after recording on thumbjam.

Thanks in advance.
Marcelo

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I agree, this is something that Soundcamp needs to add support for. It should either allow multiple simultaneous instances of ThumbJam to run (which is trickier and requires support on my end), or the ability to freeze the track to audio, and then allow an additional ThumbJam midi track to be created and used. Either one has aspects that can be confusing since this isn't a regular plugin-type environment like you are used to on a Mac/PC.

marcelones

Post by marcelones »

Jesse,

Thank you again for your support.

I am in contact with the soundcamp development manager in Korea and I Will suggest this.

Thanks !
Marcelo