ThumbJam sounds are all wrong with v1.3 on 1st gen iPhone

yblonski

ThumbJam sounds are all wrong with v1.3 on 1st gen iPhone

Post by yblonski »

I have had issues with version 1.3 causing all of the instruments to sound all wonky. Every sound that comes out for every instrument I choose is on the low end of the scale and tends to sound most like the cello... even if I have chosen electric guitar. I am running OS 3.1.3. I would downgrade to a previous working version of ThumbJam if I could... Any advice?

Jesse

This has been reported before

Post by Jesse »

This has been reported before as only an issue on 1st gen iPhones. I believe that I know the cause of it and will try to address the issue for the next version.

I'm sorry about that!

yblonski

No problem. I just really

Post by yblonski »

No problem. I just really miss getting to play with this app! Thank you so much for the quick reply.

yblonski

I just updated to version

Post by yblonski »

I just updated to version 1.3.1 hoping that this would fix the bug that I had previously described but, alas, no. Will this problem be addressed in the next update?

Jesse

Sorry about that, I lost

Post by Jesse »

Sorry about that, I lost track of this issue, thanks for reminding me!

Jesse

For what it's worth, even if

Post by Jesse »

For what it's worth, even if I do fix the issue, the TJ user experience on a 1g iPhone is going to be far less satisfying than a recent device. Maybe it's time to upgrade?

yblonski

Oh, sure, but the ability to

Post by yblonski »

Oh, sure, but the ability to use an app I paid money for that just sits taking up space waiting for an update that will make it work will be very satisfying also. I WILL upgrade eventually but we don't have 3g in my area so I don't feel a need to jump so quickly. Also, I get tired of so many of the newest phone owners acting as if all of the old phones evaporate when a new version comes out. They ususally get handed down or sold to someone else because they are still great phones. I bought an app that worked great for my phone for a while and I expect it to still work. If a new version comes out that works only for a newer phone then it should be sold as a different app so that the purchasers that still have an older phone can still use an app that they paid for. Sorry to be so snippy but your response really pisses me off. I BOUGHT the app and I expect it to work. Waiting months for a fix is very irritating. I wouldn't feel so strongly if I didn't love using ThumbJam. I played music with it almost every day and have been missing it for months.

Jesse

I really didn't mean it like

Post by Jesse »

I really didn't mean it like that. I just know that some of the features are going to be limited, and you won't be able to do quite as much without responsiveness suffering. I will contact you off-forum to talk about testing a fix.

ndelc

I'm having the same problem

Post by ndelc »

I'm having the same problem with my 1st Gen iPhone. Any fix available yet? I have it on my iPad too, so it's not that big a deal but I'd like to be able to use it on both if possible.

Jesse

Contact me via email at jesse

Post by Jesse »

Contact me via email at jesse at thumbjam.com and I'll get and give you the info I need for you to test a fix for me.