Sound loss

glenpatrick

Sound loss

Post by glenpatrick »

Hi Jesse, I'm running Thumbjam 1.3 on my iTouch and after using the program - and when reverting to listening to regular music - the sound levels of the music are somewhat diminished and I cannot turnup the volume very high at all. Placing the unit in 'standby' and back again doesn't fix it, only switching fully 'off' and then 'on' again does. While this works it is a minor inconvenience due to the time involved! Is this a known bug and is there a fix? Many thanks, Andrew, Scotland.

Jesse

I believe that iOS4 has some

Post by Jesse »

I believe that iOS4 has some bugs in the way it deals with audio/volume settings with background-enabled apps. There have been several reported side-effects related to this, included incompatibilities with other running audio apps. There will hopefully be some way for me to workaround these issues, but I haven't had time to discover them yet.

In the meantime, you don't have to reboot the device, just kill ThumbJam using the taskbar: from the main applications area, double-tap the home button to bring up the recent tasks bar, find the ThumbJam icon there, press and hold it until the remove indicators come up, then tap it to kill it. Then you should be OK, for instance going into the iPod application should restore things.