Reverb effects problem

guitarchitect

Reverb effects problem

Post by guitarchitect »

Jesse,
Having an issue with the Reverb effect. Noticed that when I turn off/on the Reverb button on an instrument preset it affects my entire loop set. I assume it should only be affecting the instrument selected. First noticed when using Electric Guitar but tried on several instruments and seems to also happen on others. Checked the Delay effect button and it does not seem to have this problem. Can you check this out?

Jesse

Nope, that is intentional.

Post by Jesse »

Nope, that is intentional. Reverb is a global effect right now. Due to processing limitations it will always be a single instance, however I will be adding individual sends for each loop (and the live instrument) and make it a separate bus effect which will let you pick and choose what gets reverb. Sorry about that.

guitarchitect

Thanks for the answer. So

Post by guitarchitect »

Thanks for the answer.
So when I choose an instrument preset that has reverb switched ON, it will automatically globally put the same reverb setting for the chosen instrument on all instruments in my loop set, correct? If I switch to an different instrument which doesn't have reverb set ON, shouldn't reverb on entire loopset be then switched off?
Is reverb the only global effect? Delay effect does not seem to be.
Thanks.

Jesse

Right now once reverb is on,

Post by Jesse »

Right now once reverb is on, a new instrument selection will not turn it off on load, that was intentional too. If you manually turn reverb off however, new loads should turn it back on (at least that was the intent).

Correct, delay only affects the live instrument and is rendered into any loops you record with that instrument.