Fixed loop length bug?

uhh

Fixed loop length bug?

Post by uhh »

Nice update, I think I'll prefer recording fixed loop lengths, and the split screen works splendidly!

However, I think the fixed loop length setting is somewhat unstable? I have managed to get an auto-end of the recording a few times, but often the recording keeps going until I hit the upper right corner. This bug occured for the first time in the following way; I recorded the viola using fixed loop length (two or three layers), then switched the instrument to cello, and now the fixed loop length didn't work. After that, it has been erratic and rather unpredictable (I have got fixed loop length to work again, but only occassionally).

uhh

After some more testing, it

Post by uhh »

After some more testing, it seems that metronome needs to be ON for fixed loop length recording to work properly. At least that's how my 3GS iOS4 behaves now.

Jesse

I haven't been able to

Post by Jesse »

I haven't been able to reproduce the issues you've reported yet.... what are the other loop settings set to?

uhh

The issues still happen here,

Post by uhh »

The issues still happen here, but now I noticed another strange behaviour; triggering of a note one octave too high while sliding across a split screen, then suddenly the correct note triggered when playing without sliding.

I had Thumbjam crashing 3-4 times right after updating to iOS4 - I just happened to pick this app when trying the fast app switching. There was something strange going on there (the top iphone bar blinking red and so on). Perhaps there is some corrupt state with my Thumbjam. I'll wait for the next update, then delete the app and do a reinstall.

Jesse

uhh, can you tell me the

Post by Jesse »

uhh, can you tell me the exact settings of the other options in the loop/metronome setting window?

The split-screen octave thing i know about, it only happens right after you turn the split on and if you drag across to the other side I believe. I'll fix it eventually.

The red bar across the top is normal I think for apps that were initialized for both playback and recording of audio. For instance, the Voice Memo app always has the red bar, to warn you that audio is being actively received by a background app. In my case when asked to go into the background it apparently takes TJ a brief moment to actually disable the audio session, which is when the bar disappears. At least that is my current theory.

uhh

My settings are standard: 110

Post by uhh »

My settings are standard: 110 bpm, 4 beats/bar, quantize start on, factor 2 off, Fixed loop length on, 4 bars, metronome level -6 dB, default sound.

Fixed loop length recording (FLL) always works properly when metronome is on. I now believe the problem lies with the "Clear Loops" button. Are you able to reproduce the following?

-Settings as above, and metronome on. Record the first loop using FLL. With the loop recorded, turn the metronome off, but don't delete anything, and record two more loops using FLL. Everything still ok, but if I now hit "Clear Loops" and start recording a new loop (metronome still off), then FLL does not work properly now.

-Another scenario: Record the first loop as above (with metronome on). Immediately after pressing record you get a text which says "Waiting for Quantize..." and you don't get a red upper right corner - which I believe is correct for FLL. Now after recording the first loop, hit the Clear Loops button, turn the metronome off, and start recording again. This time the red upper right corner appears and the "Waiting" text does not, which is kind of suspicious since we're still in FLL mode. The recording still stops automatically at the FLL end, though. Now press Clear Loops and record a new loop. This time the recording will not stop automatically at the FLL end.