Can not unzip files once transferred to computer

Orbret

Can not unzip files once transferred to computer

Post by Orbret »

Every time I download a .WAV file via wi-fi, the file can not decompress? File not recognized by Stuffit. What is the problem here?

eMicBra

Orbret, I believe the the

Post by eMicBra »

Orbret,

I believe the the .wav files downloaded via the wifi are uncompressed audio files. No need to use Stuffit. Just use them as is in most any audio software.

Hope this helps.

Orbret

Sorry, I meant the files are

Post by Orbret »

Sorry, I meant the files are come as a .zip file. They won't unzip. A .tmp is formed instead opening all the .wav files.

Jesse

Interesting, what operating

Post by Jesse »

Interesting, what operating system is your computer? Can you attach one of these zip files to a reply post here? (make it a small one!)

Orbret

Mac OS. Actually I can not

Post by Orbret »

Mac OS. Actually I can not download the files from my iPhone to computer via wi-fi. They freeze up halfway during the transfer.

Is there a size limit?

Jesse

Not that I know of. The only

Post by Jesse »

Not that I know of. The only thing to watch out for is to make sure the iphone does not go into screen blank/lock, for some reason the networking shuts off when it does. If you have yours shutting off after a short timeout automatically, that's the problem. I'll see what I can do to prevent the wifi from shutting off for the next release.

Orbret

Ah ha! I was thinking that

Post by Orbret »

Ah ha! I was thinking that might be the problem. I'll give that a try. Thanks! I love this application. The UI is particularly good. Thats what I do, so it is especially appreciated.

Orbret

Now the .zip file transfers

Post by Orbret »

Now the .zip file transfers fully, however it can not unzip. Stuffit expander crashes every time.

Jesse

I definitely have never seen

Post by Jesse »

I definitely have never seen this. The built-in unzip'ing mechanism in OS X has no problems at all with any zip file produced by SL. Opening with stuffit expander also worked, I did see a .tmp folder being created as a part of that process, but then a final folder containing the contents was created.

What hardware and what OS version are you using?

Which zip files are you downloading from SL, Loop Sets or Instruments?

Orbret

I am using Mac OS 10.6.2 I

Post by Orbret »

I am using Mac OS 10.6.2

I can get the individual .wav files for a loopset to come through now, but there is no mix of them all in one file.