Known issue with iPhone OS 4.0beta

Jesse

Known issue with iPhone OS 4.0beta

Post by Jesse »

For those of you on the bleeding edge, it looks like ThumbJam has some issues running on iPhone OS 4.0beta. I will be looking into the problem soon and will resolve the issue in the upcoming version.

For those of you who need TJ more than OS4, feel free to revert your OS! :)

After all, the existing apps won't be using the new background processing APIs yet anyway.

mat

Hi, Have you solved the 0S 4

Post by mat »

Hi,

Have you solved the 0S 4 related problems? The new OS is coming soon and the updating temptation will be great, but I'll be waiting for ThumbJam to work on it before anyway....

Mat

Jesse

Yes, the problems are solved.

Post by Jesse »

Yes, the problems are solved. I'm wrapping it up and will submit it this week in hopes to get it in the store before iOS4 hits. I was able to put in backgrounding support for it as well, both fast switching and optional background playback of running loops.

Jesse

The new version 1.2 which

Post by Jesse »

The new version 1.2 which solves this issue and adds support for metronome and OSC/MIDI output is currently pending approval by Apple. Hopefully it will be available very soon!

opc10

Hi Jesse. You prob already

Post by opc10 »

Hi Jesse. You prob already know, but the current version crashes on OS4. Updated yesterday. It just opens up for a second or 2, and then crashes.
I know i could prob revert back to 3, but really don't want to.

I assume the update will fix this? In addition to the cool stuff like fast switching, metronome, etc.
Have you heard anything from Apple?

Thanks,
Julian

DarroS

You must try to open thumbjam

Post by DarroS »

You must try to open thumbjam after crashing in the new iOS4 multitask bar. I did it and thumbjam is now playing. Could be a temporal solution until the next update.