Multitracl copy paste problem

mat

Multitracl copy paste problem

Post by mat »

Had a problem pasting a mixdown from Multitrack today.
Copied the mixed down track in Multitrack after having imported the session I recorded and pasted with no problem from ThumbJam and adding a part from IShred. When I tried to paste it back to Thumbjam the only thing I could get from the pasteboard (in ThumbJam) was the original ThumbJam session. I first thought I didn't figure out the way to copy to the audio copy pasteboard in Multitrack as its interface is quite confusing to say the least. After several attempts I tried to paste the mixdown in Monle first and it worked. I then copy pasted from Monle to ThumbJam and it worked as it always did. I'm not sure where the problem is located, maybe a difference in the versions of audio copy between the two apps... The Monle workaround works and is pretty painless but some other ThumbJam users may not have it...

Jesse

Multitrack uses the general

Post by Jesse »

Multitrack uses the general pasteboard made popular by Intua's beatmaker. In the ThumbJam interface you paste from that source by clicking on the Source field in the Paste interface, and choosing "General Pasteboard" from the selector, which is always the first entry. All the other entries are where audio goes when apps use Sonoma's AudioCopy instead.

mat

Thanks again for your

Post by mat »

Thanks again for your responsiveness Jesse. I'm such a jerk... I never figured out that multiple sources could be accessed, I really thought it (the source line) just indicated were the copied part was coming from... And I thought that Multitrack used Sonoma's pasteboard... By the way, is there an easy way (I suppose there is one) to clear files from Sonoma's pasteboard?

Jesse

I don't think there is a way

Post by Jesse »

I don't think there is a way to clear the sonoma pasteboard... it just keeps the most recent bunch around AFAICT.