Saved loop layers out of sync!

Spatzi

Saved loop layers out of sync!

Post by Spatzi »

I'm enjoying the app immensely, but I've discovered something very frustrating. I just spent a couple hours making layers on a loop, until it was perfect. While playing it, it was fine, everything in the right spot, through 7 layers. Then I saved it, and played it back from the 'loop sets' section. Every layer is now out of sync. I just spent two hours getting the loop right, and on saving, it's all out of whack. I don't understand this. If it was perfectly synced while listening and adding layers, why does saving it throw everything off? You should 'save' exactly what you hear at time of completion, in the order it was constructed.

Now, I'm going to have to transfer the entire loop and its 7 layers to external software and rearrange everything to get it back to the way it was, and even then I'm not guaranteed to 'remember' exactly how everything was placed. This is a major flaw.

Jesse

I'm sorry. I have seen this

Post by Jesse »

I'm sorry. I have seen this too, but it hasn't been easily reproducible. I will try to spend some time making it happen so that I can uncover the cause. I'm sure it didn't help that the other bug preventing you from working on loaded loop sets is there either.

It's been an unfortunate week in terms of hardware for me, when I get my machine back I will submit version 1.1 which does fix many outstanding issues.

Jesse

OK, it is actually easy to

Post by Jesse »

OK, it is actually easy to reproduce. Fixing this bug now has the top priority.

soundog

I think I speak for everyone

Post by soundog »

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I appreciate your hard work on bug stomping. Despite the bug reports here, this the most stable, amazing, and usable first release (Version 1.0) of any music app I have purchased to date.

Jesse

Thanks, you'll be happy to

Post by Jesse »

Thanks, you'll be happy to hear that I stomped this bug too. As a side effect the actual loop WAV files created will now always a bar-multiple in length which will make them easier to import and use in other software (iphone or mac/pc).

One issue left to mash before I push out v1.1.

Spatzi

Great news. I will dig in

Post by Spatzi »

Great news. I will dig in again after the update.