Mic recording not working

musiclove

Mic recording not working

Post by musiclove »

Hi,

I updated to the new version of Thumbjam 2.4 on iPad4 and found that the microphone recording doesn't work at all. Strange. Neither recording samples for new instruments, mic loops, or audio to midi converter. If I try with another application like GB or BM2, recording work fine. I tried as well with my guitar from a digital input via SonicPort... silence. Yet if I record TJ instruments from the interface, it work fine.

Any idea what that could be?
Thanks

Jesse

You need to go the main

Post by Jesse »

You need to go the main Settings app on the device's home screen, go to Privacy->Microphone, find ThumbJam and enable the switch! iOS7 and it's annoying new privacy restrictions can bite you all too easily now.

musiclove

Thanks a lot Jesse. Indeed

Post by musiclove »

Thanks a lot Jesse. Indeed quite annoying all this iOS7 complications.
Best,

musiclove

Hi, Well, I have to mention

Post by musiclove »

Hi,

Well, I have to mention another " little problem". Every time I try to pick a music from the music app to play along, immediately after I select the music and press "done" button, Thumjam crash and ignore my last settings, like change of instrument i.e. I tried also to completely shut down the iPad to reset everything, but the problem persist.
So... so far no way for me to play along a music track from my library. I look this time in the Settings app, but didn't find any clue to this problem. What shall i do?