Thumbjam times out in Pitch-to-MIDI mode

MrBlenderson

Thumbjam times out in Pitch-to-MIDI mode

Post by MrBlenderson »

I've really been enjoying Thumbjam - I've had it for quite some time and it ended up on my last album!

I'm running it on an iPhone 3GS and using a DIY photoelectric theremin to control pitch through pitch-to-MIDI, which works very well. The problem is that it times out after 30 seconds or so if I don't touch the screen. The screen just goes black. I've enabled "active in background" but it still happens. If I hit the home button to let it run in the background the same thing happens.

I'd really like to be able to let it run in the background so I can play my theremin without touching the screen or the audio cutting out every thirty seconds.

Jesse

Hmm I think TJ does cut off

Post by Jesse »

Hmm I think TJ does cut off the mic input when it gets suspended, or even put in the background. Thanks for reminding me about that, I need to fix it! The only workaround I've found is to run Audiobus, attach TJ to the output slot, and set the input to mic. Then everything stays running and the pitch to midi works all the time.
But that won't really run on your 3GS.

Te other solution is to turn off auto screen locking in the iPhone General preferences so it never goes to sleep while you are playing.

Sorry about that! Will fix in next update....

MrBlenderson

Thanks! I'll try the phone

Post by MrBlenderson »

Thanks! I'll try the phone setting and see where it gets me.

MrBlenderson

The autolock setting did the

Post by MrBlenderson »

The autolock setting did the trick. I never realized that that would make it stay on! This will be helpful for my iOS use in general. Thumbjam can now be a part of my live rig.

abg

When there will be the

Post by abg »

When there will be the following version? Thanks