Problem with tempo

RichD

Problem with tempo

Post by RichD »

Hi all,

Been a user of TJ for a long time and love it! Love the new version but noticed something odd tonight. Not sure if this has been addressed so apologies in advance:

I recorded a session with 5 loops. had the BPM set at 110. I closed out the app. did some other stuff. When I went back the tempo was set at 86.9 and all of the pitch was lowered as well. I cannot chance the BPM back to 110.

Any ideas? Any workarounds?

Rich

Jesse

Yes, this is a known issue

Post by Jesse »

Yes, this is a known issue right now if you end up running another app that changes the samplerate at the same time TJ is running. You will likely need to kill whatever app is still running at the lower sample rate (using taskbar you get when double-tapping home button, pressing and holding the icons there to get the remove indicators). Out of curiosity what other stuff did you do, which apps did you run?

Killing all the audio related apps (including TJ) in this way should solve it, and a device reboot will certainly get you back.

RichD

Going to try that now. I

Post by RichD »

Going to try that now. I don't think I had anything else open but itunes but it was not playing while I was using TJ. I have a few music apps but tend to use TJ as my go to for ideas. Really enjoy your work on this and hope it continues to develop and evolve.

*Just tried the fix with no luck....still stuck on 86.9. TJ is the only app running*

My app list is as follows:

panome, beatwave, db-303, afx, 4d synth LE, BtBx, beatmaker, filatron, argo, TJ, curtis, tunemaker, torocore, iphrase, nanoloop, iorgelpro, ocarina, nlogfree, funkbox, itanpura lite, touchsounds, fouriertouch, WI orchestra, sounscope, soundrop, soundprism, bubbleharp, aerose_free, synthy.

RichD

Another update! The pitch

Post by RichD »

Another update! The pitch went back to normal but the tempo still won't change. I can live with that. Thanks for the help!!

Jesse

Hmm, very strange. Did you

Post by Jesse »

Hmm, very strange. Did you play anything with the iPod app, or itunes?

Anyway, try a device reboot (press and hold the sleep button until it lets you turn it off).

RichD

Yeah, I've done that a few

Post by RichD »

Yeah, I've done that a few times with no success. I'm going to bounce the individual tracks into reaper and move on from there.

And to answer your question I usually only use T by itself. My kids tend to get their hands on the ipod and that's when things get screwy! :)