Toolbar rotated while using as inter-app audio

erniethepiper

Toolbar rotated while using as inter-app audio

Post by erniethepiper »

Hi Jesse,

Recently I’ve noticed that when switching into ThumbJam from a host (both Loopy Pro and GarageBand) the toolbar is rotated to be on the left side of the screen. There is also a gap on the top of the page, about 4 times the height needed for the toolbar to appear. Mapping for the buttons aren’t set— i.e. I can play notes through the left side area where the toolbar is shown and the buttons aren’t in effect in the blank space above, where they should be located. I can rotate my screen 90 degrees and back, then select a different Split View, which resets everything back to normal. Lastly, the the pitch bar randomly shows vertical through the screen during this.

I’ve tried messing with my screen rotation lock, accessing from both Loopy Pro and GarageBand.

Deselecting and deselecting the show toolbar and pitch bar in options doesn’t affect it.

The standalone app functions just fine as well as my iPhone for both stand-alone and Inter-App Audio.

Running iPad Pro, gen 2. Noticed it recently after the last iOS update.

Let me know what else I can help with or test.

Best regards,

Ernie

erniethepiper

Re: Toolbar rotated while using as inter-app audio

Post by erniethepiper »

@jesse I just recently noticed that it appears the host app assumes that TJ is opening in a slide over screen on the iPad. When I open TG in a slide over vs split or full screen, the toolbars are appropriately located on the left side.