Sustain / polyphony (v2)

grb

Sustain / polyphony (v2)

Post by grb »

Can you prioritise the most recently played notes when considering the maximum polyphony when using sustain ?

My piano (user) instrument seems to manage 12 sustained notes and then the 13th is silent (max polyphony is set to 24, but this may be using stereo samples - would this 1/2 the polyphony?)

Could the 13th note silence the 1st note played when max polyphony is reached and/or can we have 24 note polyphony on stereo instruments?

grb

+ (This would greatly assist my rather liberal [poor] sustain pedal technique when using TJ as a midi sound module)

Jesse

Yes, I've been meaning to fix

Post by Jesse »

Yes, I've been meaning to fix the note stealing when sustaining for a while, thanks for reminding me.

Yes, using stereo instruments does halve the polyphony right now. Also note that you might hear some distortion in the left channel when using the stereo instruments, this is a known bug in 2.0, and has been fixed here (for the next bugfix update).

grb

is it possible you can get

Post by grb »

is it possible you can get this out in a small update... soon-ish ?

grb.

Jesse

Since Apple closes up shop

Post by Jesse »

Since Apple closes up shop (for developers) over the holidays, I'm targeting the update to go out in early January. I don't like to spam users with updates since the download is so large, and there are a bunch of fixes in this one, I want to get it right.

obiwahnkentobi

moin, i am a little confused

Post by obiwahnkentobi »

moin,

i am a little confused with the "new" sustain pedal.
now its more like a sustain on a piano, before there was the possibility to play a chord, hold it with sustain and then play along with the rest without adding the new notes into the sustained mode.
How can i do it know? if i hold sustain know there will add the new notes like a burger ;-)
doubletap show the sustain still in ground, but then you can not play the rootnote, cause the sustain layer is above....i wanna have the "old" sustain mode back, is it possibel?!
THX
tobi

Jesse

You can still do it, bring

Post by Jesse »

You can still do it, bring the sustain bar up, then play and hold your notes, then press the Sustain Lock part of the bar. Now you can release your notes and they are held. You can then play normally. However, if you press the Sustain half while playing any new notes, they will be added to the set of sustained notes. To release the held notes, press Sustain Lock again to toggle it off.

As for the bar blocking the bottom, sorry about that! You can work around it by using the new pitch sidebar and getting your root note out from under there.
I'll consider an alternate way to get the hold without blocking up the bottom... space was just getting really tight (on the iphone version) and something had to give.

obiwahnkentobi

ah! thx worked great! @the

Post by obiwahnkentobi »

ah! thx worked great!
@the ipad you can half the size of the left "sustain" pedal maybe...
g
tobi