Start/Stop Loop Recording and toggle between single/continous loop recording

larkob

Start/Stop Loop Recording and toggle between single/continous loop recording

Post by larkob »

One of my favorite features is the loop recorder. However, hitting the Finish Recording button on the edge of the screen is quite difficult on the iPad, which is best used in landscape mode for playing. There is a button for starting the loop recorder in the Key Controls, but during recording it only acts as a trigger to continue with another recording cycle. Wouldn't it be better if this recording button could be used to start as well as stop recording? And as for starting another cycle, I would suggest another button for toggling between single loop recording and continous loop recording (great for recording multiple takes and afterwards selecting the best one via the Mixer).

Jesse

Good idea. I didn't even

Post by Jesse »

Good idea. I didn't even realize that the sidebar button had the other behavior when already recording!

guitarchitect

Jesse - I have trouble with

Post by guitarchitect »

Jesse - I have trouble with the small size of the Finish Recording button in the upper right corner. Seems when recording a loop, especially a complex drum loop, it's sometimes very difficult to hit the small target in tempo. I usually end up with multiple attempts due to missing the "sweet spot". A larger stop button - maybe even a wide top bar - would be a welcome improvement. Or maybe multiple stop button areas around the pad - so if ending a loop at the bottom area of the keypad you don't have to try to jump all the way to the top corner to stop recording. Thx.