PLEASE update User Guide in order to help users understand how saving Multi-Presets works exactly.

geobabala

PLEASE update User Guide in order to help users understand how saving Multi-Presets works exactly.

Post by geobabala »

Hello - I use ThumbJam (and DrumJam) very much - it is one of the best music apps available. Update 2.4.1 has introduced saving of "Multi" Presets. I do not clearly understand however, how this works in detail. THE PROBLEM: After saving a Multi with two Splits (2 Instruments, I never use 3 or 4) on my iPad mini - when loading the "Multi" Preset again, the MULTI loads differently in a way that seems unpredictable. Sometimes, the left and right instrument appear in the wrong order (left becomes right and vice versa). Sometimes the "Spans" are different to what I saved after reloading. Moreover, I do not clearly understand what happens when I start to edit one or both of the two presets in an open a 2-Split Multi (e.g. the Sample or Filter parameters of one or both slots). It looks like the changes on this level are NOT stored within the multi, because after storing and reloading the Multi the changes are suddenly gone. What do I have to do to really save ALL the parameters of the two (or more) sounds in my MULTI - AND the MULTI configuration? Do I have to create two special, normal single Presets first before I create a multi and do Edits such as Filter in the single Presets only - so that in fact I always have to save 3 Presets (the MULTI - AND the two Presets used in the slots) to be able to recreate the Multi exactly the way I saved it? It would be very helpful if you would explain the whole thing a little bit more detailed in the User Guide - or here in this forum! Thanks a lot and kind regards, George

Jesse

No, it sounds like there is a

Post by Jesse »

No, it sounds like there is a bug in saving/loading them. The intention is as you would expect, saving a Multi should save the settings of every slot and every split as it exists the moment of save. Loading one of those should restore it all back. If we can narrow down when things go wrong, it could help me track down the issue.

geobabala

OK, will check out if can

Post by geobabala »

OK, will check out if can narrow it further and then post the info here.

maikoos

Re: PLEASE update User Guide in order to help users understand how saving Multi-Presets works exactly

Post by maikoos »

So it’s now 2023 and I am having exactly the same issue. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how a multi instrument or a preset saves so that it loads the same way each time. This seems to have been an issue since 2009 and maybe earlier. Multis sometimes load as single instruments and multi slots have different instruments in them not in the order I saved them, sometimes with different span settings. I find the whole thing incredibly confusing and it appears I’m not the only one. I have done many experiments saving various configurations but it is still a mystery.
Do multis have to be created out of the original INSTRUMENTS that came with the app and not copies of those? I can’t work it out. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Also another strange issue that has arisen is that when I do have a multi instrument and going through an audio out through a break out box, sometimes a couple of the instrument slots are very quiet or inaudible. They seem to play perfectly when I use the inbuilt iPad speakers. This suggest that there is an issue with the breakout box, but I have no problems with any other applications, only Thumbjam.

Thanks in advance.
MH

I’m using an iPad Pro 3.