Quantizing and keyboard view

Jonnycube

Quantizing and keyboard view

Post by Jonnycube »

I use a lot of music apps on the iPad, and ThumbJam has the best samples out of all of them. They sound awesome.

Please give the option to quantize recording. It would rock my life.

This one seems like more of a stretch, and it might go against the spirit of the program, but I would love a piano keyboard view. Choosing a major scale makes my options too limited, and choosing a chromatic scale is just confusing and easy to get lost. Maybe I'm using the wrong program for that sort of thing, but other programs just sound worse.

Jesse

I recognize your concern,

Post by Jesse »

I recognize your concern, it's no accident the piano keyboard has persisted in that form for so long, it's just useful. I will consider a way to include one in the "spirit" of the app, but in the meantime you can get some of that functionality by using the split screen and setting one side a half step up in key.

Jonnycube

That is exactly what I'm

Post by Jonnycube »

That is exactly what I'm after too - using the beautiful instruments in ThumbJam to make music in NanoStudio. Another thing that would make this easier would be the ability to adjust the tempo of a loop after it's been recorded, so you can play slowly while you're recording and speed it up afterward.