Cancel Restart from record position

caseyjamesbasichis

Cancel Restart from record position

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

Hey,

I know you have a start offset feature planned for the upcoming TJ. It would be very helpful to have a button setup to simultaneously cancel and restart record from that point.

My DAW is setup with a similar command stop-undo-record. It greatly increases my productivity. Any time I make a mistake I hit that button and start over with no delay. This keeps me recording all the time without wasting time to stop and listen to takes that I'm going to discard anyway.

Jesse

So would you have this let

Post by Jesse »

So would you have this let the other loops continue where they are, just cancel and re-enable record? Or restart from the top? If I chose just one, it would be the former.

caseyjamesbasichis

The latter unfortunately...

Post by caseyjamesbasichis »

The latter unfortunately... That is the main issue... Waiting fifty seconds for everything to cycle back on long loops because of a silly mistake is a drag, if it's a difficult part and takes 10-30 passes to really nail, multiplied by multiple tracks and multiple loops (my projects usually have 40-60 distinct loop sessions) that adds up to a whole lot of time waiting. It's something that would help alleviate the quantize problem.

Why would you prefer the former?

Also not from the top, but from where ever the position marker is set(I gathered that is something that in the upcoming version but maybe I misread)... This is so part's can be punched in at any point without waiting through parts that are not applicable. So if i were aiming for the top I might set it four beat from the end to give myself a count in.